Sunday 22 November 2009

A Million British people could be back in work within a month

However, they won’t. This is because the government won’t let them. If you are out of work and eager to find employment there is a job out there with your name on it. The problem is that the New Labour party have sold it to someone else from abroad why is more likely in the long term to support them rather than anyone else. This is far from a fantasy no matter what lies come of ministers’ mouths. We have had reports extracted with great pain that show that the majority of the fabled new jobs created over the last few years have gone to imported staff. Just the other month we had an admission by government advisors that the immigration policy was a deliberate attack on the British people.


My experience drawn from not only the nightmare last six years, but of past recessions gives me a perspective on the plight of those at a professional level that have lost the jobs recently. Many have commented on the plight of the young or the unskilled, but it is the professionals that will suffer in this recession. You face losing everything you have worked so hard for over the years. There is no help for you to recover. In fact, because you have been ‘a looser’ will be used against you too. I have to break it to you that you are highly unlikely to ever be employed again. You may be lucky, but don’t expect anything more that a role than demands a fraction of your ability.


Only a few of the millions of unemployed people in the country are benefit scroungers, but the government have painted all of them as such. The only help that the government gives is to offer to take benefits away; in their sick minds it will encourage people. Someone has been reading too much Samuel Johnson (“when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully"). I always wondered how driving someone into ever deeper poverty makes them a more attractive candidate to an employer; I believe that it would have the opposite effect, but I am just a simple man.


So how do I plan to get one million people back to work within a month? In essence, I plan to give people back the jobs they should have had in the first place. Firstly, I would announce a strict audit of every work-permit, especially those for intra-company transfers, that has ever been issued and that those employers that have work-permit staff that fail this audit will face fraud charges including custodial sentences for the directors and senior executives. This measure alone will ‘encourage’ many to dump their imported staff and re-hire indigenous ones. Once a few headline convictions happen, this re-hiring will grow exponentially. Secondly, all active permits and applications are to be listed on a website where jobseekers can apply for the roles. If someone is in the role then they the permit should be suspended and the holder required to return to their own country pending the outcome of the review. If the employer does not take the applicant, then there should be an independent tribunal to judge if the employer has indeed tried to properly recruit in the UK and withdraw the permit (and prosecuted for fraud considered) if found not to have properly attempted to hire locally. Thirdly, the cost of permits should be increased, with the revenue to go into training, and their duration reduced. Unfortunately, there has been so much abuse and for so long that it will take the draconian actions outlined to bring the problem under control. These measures will create a strong demand for British staff, but not create so-called shortages as if there is a genuine need to hire overseas then they can. As the government always says, if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear.


However, there remains the problem of all the damaged souls. The first thing to do is for the government to acknowledge a few things about unemployed professionals: they are victims and not criminals; damage caused by unemployment is cumulative and reach a point of no return very easily; they don’t need to be motivated through fear; and they also require help and it’s nature is vastly different from that you inflict on levels 0, and 1 skilled people. Just remember, if you are a professional unemployed desperately looking for work, but finding no luck, it’s because New Labour sacrificed your life for the good of their party.


In my case, I am beyond recovery; the damage is just too great. Although I have tried to keep my skills current (I was once told by an idiot down the Jobcentre that I didn’t need to as IT skill are like riding a bike, you never forget), it is a bit patchy as I’ve not studied every aspect to the same depth. In any case, although it is enough for me to develop a few things, it would never be considered by any recruiter as it was not done ‘in a commercial environment’. Officially, my technical skills are stuck in 2003 which is two versions of SQL Server ago and a language that I have not written anything in for over four years as I now use C# rather than C++. Apart from atrophied technical skills, it is an unavoidable consequence of not being able to work that your financial standing is destroyed. I have a very poor financial history, but I maintain that this is not a result of my incompetence but of the damage done to me; if I had been allowed to work then it would be the excellent status as it once was. My field was finance. I used to develop trading and analytical systems for traders. To work in a financial institution requires that one has a clean financial record. Outside that field, potential employers say that I have no relevant experience.


The years have also taken its toll on my health, both physically and mentally. Now that ‘doctor’ Ferdinand Jonsson of Mile End Hospital chose to impose a Section 3 on me, I have no chance of ever working again. That Section 3 was totally fraudulent and was used to imprison me on orders from the FTAC. I am willing to be studied by an independent doctor from abroad (i.e. NOT from the NHS) and provide documentary evidence to prove that there is nothing wrong with me in the way that Jonsson claims.


However, nothing will be done and I have had enough. I am planning to kill myself sometime in the coming weeks once I have summoned up the courage. It is not something I want to do, but I face a bleak future without any hope of improvement.


All I ever wanted to do is to earn a living in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment