Friday 2 July 2010

Your Freedom : Abolish the FTAC

Prompted by JuliaM’s comment on the previous post, I have looked at the ‘Your Freedom’ website from the government asking for suggestions. I found that someone has already suggested the abolition of the FTAC. I had not bothered as I didn’t see any prospect of the suggestion remaining on their system and there is no chance of the government closing it down. However, since someone has made an entry I suppose I better make a comment.

The FTAC is open to abuse and I am proof of it.

I was held prisoner for five months at Mile End Hospital on instructions from the FTAC. At the root of my complaint to MP’s was the abuse of the intra-company transfer scheme that was destroying the livelihoods of thousands of British IT professionals and causing long-term damage to the British economy and potentially national security.

The treatment that I had to endure bordered on torture in the way that I suffered personal degradation such as not being allowed to wash properly or even cut my nails, through to assault by forcible medicated in the last month although no medication was used the whole of the previous four months. Everything I had ever done or achieved in my life was denied to have ever happened. Even though I could produce documentary evidence to prove it, I was never allowed to present it. I suffered five months of doctors micro-scrutinising my every action and contriving ever wilder explanations to justify their detention of me.

I have been branded as suffering from having a persistent delusional personality disorder. However, my requests for East London NHS to be specific in what those delusions actually are have been refused. They claim to use evidence based diagnosis but refuse to state that evidence. In truth, there are no delusions; everything I ever said I can provide documentary evidence, has come to pass and is now in the historical record, or is a widely held belief by respectable people. There only remains fabrications by doctors which there is no evidence that I hold the belief.

There is no recourse to any form of justice for anyone that has been subject to the abuses of the FTAC. The IPCC and the relevant ombudsmen organisation automatically decide against the complainant regardless of any evidence. No lawyer will touch a case where the FTAC are involved if they have a choice. When forced to represent someone they will not represent them properly. Obviously trying to get ones own MP to help will get no response whatsoever.

Although I was release by a tribunal, I have been totally abandoned with no help whatsoever. I live in poverty and squalor with a continuous fear of what the state is going to do to me next. I have no prospect of ever getting back to work, but face the very real danger of having my benefits withdrawn. Even if they are not, they will decline in real-terms driving me into ever deeper poverty.

The FTAC is used to eliminate the politically inconvenient as well as truly sick people. Those that implement the directives to detain people are far too willing to commit fraud and abuse peoples rights. Those organisations that are charged with oversight and ensuring best practice turn a blind eye. People who should represent the individual who have been subject to injustice shun them. The FTAC is a dark stain on Britain; it is a feature of many a dystopia fiction that come to life.

As always: All I ever wanted to do was to have earned a living in peace.

I expect that the whole suggestion will be deleted at anytime; my comment certainly will.

1 comment:

  1. If I was dictator of a state I would probably have something like the FTAC in place. But I would be aware that my underlings would have a tendency to be over zealous. So to maintain fairness, and to maintain my own credibility, there would be a remedy to compensate those that were unfairly treated. This would benefit everybody including those that administered the system of scrutinizing those that may be dangerous but are so far non criminal.

    People who may be of dubious character can be warned and let go without further prejudice. Crazies that break the law can be prosecuted otherwise leave them alone. If they disturb the peace or breach regulations regarding their obligation to keep their accommodation clean they can be put on notice and treated like anybody else. Likewise with addicts.

    It's not that hard especially when you realize that this "mental illness" stuff is all rubbish.

    ReplyDelete